Perhaps you are in the process of establishing your company, or you might be a seasoned
entrepreneur and your business is booming. Whether you are just getting your feet wet or have
a well-established brand, it is never too early or too late to consider collaborating with other
artists and businesses to boost your success!
Working with other artists and brands allows you to cross-promote, resulting in greater reach to
new audiences and potential customers. Partnerships are an invaluable opportunity for both
parties to increase sales, generate fresh creative content, and expand exposure on social media
and within the community.
What is a Collaboration?
Collaborations are when two (or more) businesses/brands team up on a campaign to create
something exclusive to offer to their collective audiences.
Benefits of Collaborative Work
• Excellent way to grow your business/brand
• Opportunity to work outside your norms
• New connections and networking within your community (local community, online
and/or social media community, military community, and more!)
• Offer something new and unique to your customers
• Exclusivity of the new product encourages sales
• Support the growth of your co-collaborator… everybody wins!
• It’s FUN! Meet new artists, flex your creative muscles, and explore something new!
How to Establish Partnerships/Collaborations
• Look for brands within your community
• Find businesses with a similar audience but a different product
• Seek brands that complement and elevate your product
• Search for brands that your existing customers know and trust
• Consider the timing of a new collaboration… your new product could coincide with a
holiday, military appreciation days, or the kickoff to a new season
• Take the initiative in reaching out… most artists and bands are open to the opportunity!
Examples of Successful Collaborations
For a military spouse constantly on the move, some of the greatest opportunities to connect with
a new community are through partnerships with local brands. These collaborations facilitate
personal connections and establish the trust of a new community. Customers, old and new, are
receptive and supportive of combined talents that result in a new product!
Quinn Sharp Jewelry & Coastal Wood Designs (Helen Sewart)
This San Francisco collaboration involved co-designing an earring collection, combining Quinn’s
jewelry expertise with Helen’s beautiful wood-burned art.
Quinn Sharp Jewelry & Humboldt Republic (Jason Brandi)
Quinn is currently stationed in Humboldt Bay, where she connected with local graphic design
artist, Jason Brandi of Humboldt Republic. Jason turns his digital art into laser-cut wood art, which
is incorporated into Quinn’s unique earring designs.
Quinn Sharp Jewelry & The Novel Knotter (Sarah Rochford)
Quinn’s most recent collaboration involves a fellow military spouse, Army spouse Sarah Rochford
of The Novel Knotter. Together, Quinn and Sarah have created beautiful macrame and crystal
Consider Creative Collaborations and Pursue Promising Partnerships
Whether you’re already a partnership pro or a collaboration rookie, it is always a great idea to
consider partnerships as you develop your business plan. Your resulting outreach, growth, and
sales might surprise you… and you are certain to establish lasting connections and have fun in